COVID-19 Changes to Our Standard Operation & Important Information
With the Coronavirus changing how we interact and do business we have made some changes to the standard operations of our Office and our showing of properties to ensure the well being of all our customers.
Our duty of care is to always serve our customers and the communities in which we operate with vigilance. Like many others, we are closely following the advice of the Australian Government, State Government and NSW Health Department, and their recommendations and guidelines for minimising the spread of the virus.
You will find below links and access to Department Of Fair Trading information in relation to rental assistance for those financially impacted due to COVID-19.
Visiting Our Office
We are still open for business, but just a little differently so as to protect both staff, clients and the business itself, in continuing to offer our services to you in a safe manner and adhering to NSW Public Health orders.
Our office door is temporarily closed however we are still working remotel. Access to our office is for emergency trades, and for clients where prior arrangements have been organised and are necessary to do so.
You will find the majority of our team working remotely. All members can be contacted directly by mobile or email, you can still call the office number where a message will be taken and forwarded to the correct person to return your call.
Keven Hughes 0425266300
Debbie Wiseman 0416799384
Kay Laudadio 0412484395
Keiran Robson 0418484657
Property Management Department
Kathy Hay 0423473336 Jewel Bailey 0402425291 Erin Saunders 0402 421 473
* Please note that property managers phones are only in use during business hours and are not an after hours phone contact.
We respectfully request if you do enter our office you:
- Have made prior arrangements to visit our office
- QR CODE and show the green tick before entering
- Use the hand sanitiser provided
- A facemask must be warn and correctly
- Cover your mouth and nose when sneezing and coughing and sanitize appropriately after doing so
- Social distancing protocol of 1.5m must be adhered to at the front desk with a limit of 1 person at any one time unless apart of the same household.
- When speaking remain behind the front protective screens in place.
We respectfully request the following customers do not enter our office if:
- Person (s) feeling unwell;
- Person (s) who have travelled to high-risk areas ( Excluding airport transit ), live in an area or visited an area that is under lockdown or under 'stay at home orders' or have been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Have been instructed to self isolate and are waiting results of a COVID test.
- If you have not made prior arrangements and your visit can be conducted over the phone or by email.
In the event that you feel unwell in the 14 days after visiting our office, we request that you contact our office immediately.
How we are Operating
You will find our team working from home. Our Property managers and Sales Team are also available on the mobile numbers listed above and under 'Our TEAM' icon as well as online by direct email.
Digital meetings and face time calls are in place. Only pre arranged necessary access to our office for emergency trades, and for clients where prior arrangements have been organised and necessary to do so.
Showing Of Property, Virtual Tours and Applying for Property
House inspections will be run as per the NSW Health Guidelines and that of the current 'STAY AT HOME' orders 9/7/2021 in place for residents from the Greater Sydney, Blue Mountains, Wollongong, Shellharbour and Central Coast areas and visiters to those areas since 21st June 2021 and as of 5/08/21
for the Newcastle, Cessnock, Dungog, Lake Macquarie, Maitland, Muswellbrook, Port Stephens and Singleton local government areas.
Rental inspections are being conducted as private inspection with capped numbers of attendance. Theses inspections will be arranged based on enquiries and streamlined through our online booking system. We ask you make your enquiry online where you will be notified of available open time slots specific to you, and private appointment time/s to book, or call our office to leave your details if you don't have online access.
'Virtual Tours' are up and running online and you will find these available under most properties. Should you not be able to attend an inspection we are accepting applications based off your viewing of the 'Virtual Tour'. Just mark inspected by Virtual Tour. Should you application be successful we will then have you view the property before you sign your lease.
All sales enquiries can be made directly with the listing agent by phone or email to arrange an appointment. Open for inspections have been cancelled as per the new public health orders for Newcastle and surrounds as of 5/08/21.
'Virtual Tours' for our sale listings can be arranged. We are currently updating our listings to offer this service across the board.
When you are attending an inspection, we ask that you please abide by the following:
Couple of Key Notes with Rental Applications:
- Wash your hands prior to entering the property and use the hand sanitiser provided
- Provide full contact details, full name and phone number at the door
- Wear a face mask correctly both inside and out side the property and when communicating with our team
- Social distancing of a minimum 1.5 meters must be followed
- 1 Person per 4sqm must be observed per room
- Do not touch ANY surfaces including walls, doors, windows and bannisters, these will be open for you.
- If you need to cough or sneeze, please do so in your elbow or use a tissue and immediately dispose appropriately
- Ensure any children attending with you are accompanied at all times. To minimise the amount of attendees we do suggest to limit unnecessary attendance within the same family where possible.
- If you are feeling unwell, been in contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case or have travelled to hot spot locations in the last 14 days, we ask that you wait this quarantine period and be cleared before making arrangements to view any property.
- If you have been advised to isolate or are waiting the results of a COVID test, you will not be able to attend untill cleard to do so.
Unfortunately at this time we can not accept paper applications at inspections or in the office. Please scan through by email or fax your application to the address or number on the form. The required documentation must also be attached to the application so we can process them quickly.
You will find the 2Apply application available through the registration link when you register to inspect the property. Should you not be able to apply directly online a PDF application is available for download at the bottom of this page.
The situation is continually changing, while we will continue to review and update our business operations in line with Government advice, please be assured that we are well prepared for change, should it occur and these guidelines could change.
Information For our Tenants
There are new measures in place for tenants seeking financial hardship as a result of COVID -19. We ask that any tenant in need of rental assistance please follow the link below to the NSW Department of Fair trading for more information before getting in contact with your property manager.
All tenants who are not impacted by COVID-19 are expected to honour their existing tenancy agreements including paying all rent and charges in full.
Please know we are here to help, should you have any queries please don't hesitate to contact us.
As the way we do business is changing reporting maintenance has not. However as operations change in line with Government advice some contractors may not able to operate therefore stopping any work that we might direct to them to conduct.
Please know we will do what we can with the resources we have available however some repairs might have to wait till the particular trade/ company is in full operational again should it not be classified as an urgent repair. We do request that you report any maintenance through the Maintenance Manager tenant app which you can download from this link.
All emergeny repairs please call our office immediately to report the issue or should this occur outside of business hours please refer to your lease agreement for contact information or our after hours phone for the most up to date contacts.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out as we are here to help you.